Car mechanics are technicians who are professionals trained to inspect, maintain, and fix various kinds of vehicles.
An auto mechanic goes by several different names, including car mechanic, automotive technician, and service technician, and is primarily responsible for evaluating, fixing, and maintaining cars and trucks. Some of these mechanics may specialize in a particular area or system of the vehicle, such as a brake technician, transmission rebuilder, or automotive air-conditioning technician. These professionals are usually trained to use a wide range of tools on various kinds of vehicle models.
What are the mechanic’s responsibilities?
- Evaluating vehicles to identify any issues
- Creating a work plan for each vehicle
- Following procedures and examination lists
- Conducting routine maintenance on vehicles
- Performing any necessary repairs
- Replacing old or broken parts
- Discussing repairs and options with customers
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements.
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. …
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
Basic car maintenance is a fundamental part of a car mechanic’s work in modern industrialized countries while in others they are only consulted when a vehicle is already showing signs of malfunction. Preventive maintenance is also a fundamental part of a mechanic’s job, but this is not possible in the case of vehicles that are not regularly maintained by a mechanic. One misunderstood aspect of preventive maintenance is scheduled replacement of various parts, which occurs before failure to avoid far more expensive damage. Because this means that parts are replaced before any problem is observed, many vehicle owners will not understand why the expense is necessary.
Here at our workshop, we have rapidly accepted and grown with the magnitudinal advancement in technology, the mechanic’s job has evolved from purely mechanical, to include electronic technology. Because vehicles today possess complex computer and electronic systems, mechanics need to have a broader base of knowledge than in the past.
With assistance from our car auto electrical team, we guarantee in best of services.