It is a known fact Air Conditioning systems require maintenance to continue functioning well. The repair services should include compressor checks, fixing refrigerant leaks, and more.
When you visit a car AC service, their technicians check for all potential faults associated with the car AC system like leaks and faulty compressors and repair or replace the damaged parts to ensure that your car AC is working in the best of condition so you can enjoy your driving experience in any kind of weather.
To ensure your comfort with an efficiently working car AC system, you need to conduct periodic AC system service checks for the following:
- Visual Inspection of all components
- Replacement of AC Filter
- Function and Performance test
- Leak test
- AC Gas replacement
- If needed, disinfection of AC System (Evaporator)
What benefits do you reap out of it?:
- Efficient cool air in summer
- In winter it provides warm dehumidified air.
- AC Filter in good shape- which keeps the air in your car clean.
- Provides a pleasant and odor-free environment at all times.
Most Common Car AC Problems:
Good climate control is essential for your vehicle if you want to enjoy a comfortable ride. The element responsible for ventilation and cooling is the auto air conditioning unit.
Some common AC problems and components to replace for better performance:
- Climate control for the air conditioning system. This includes the ventilation and cooling unit of your car. A well-maintained and well-serviced AC should function well for a long-term period.
- Contamination- Flush your AC system to clear it of dirt and debris. Contamination could very well be the sole culprit of a vehicle’s AC problems. It even prevents new parts in a clogged system to function properly.
- Leakage- The auto Air conditioning system cools the vehicle by using a refrigerant, or Freon, to get rid of the heat. The Freon circulates through the Air conditioning system and is not supposed to run out. However, it might leak out.
- Failure of the Evaporator- The evaporator is responsible for absorbing the heat produced in the vehicle during cooling. If the evaporator coils are damaged, the best option is to replace them. Repair and reconditioning will normally be more expensive than new evaporator coils.
- Compressor Issues- The compressor is designed to pump the refrigerant (Freon) around the Air Conditioning system. Note, replacing the compressor in its entirety is the best solution.
- Worn Belts- There are belts and pulleys in the AC set-up, and they are connected to the engine. The belts can wear out over time, so you should
What signs to look out for to see if your AC needs servicing:
- The pressure of the air coming out of your vents is very weak
- There are water stains on your dashboard from leakage
- Your AC is losing its cool
- AC air temperature fluctuates at random intervals automatically
- Your AC is being unusually loud and noisy.
- There is an odor emanating from the AC vents.